TEC Traders trading as Eadie Lifestyle Pty Ltd, recognises that your personal information is important to you and that you are concerned with its collection, use and disclosure.
This policy contains information about:
- the purposes for which Eadie Lifestyle collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
- the types of personal information that Eadie Lifestyle collects;
- how Eadie Lifestyle collects and holds personal information; and
- how you may access the personal information that Eadie Lifestyle holds about you, and how you may seek correction of that personal information.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
Why does Eadie Lifestyle collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Eadie Lifestyle collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- providing you with products and services requested;
- dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
- developing and improving our products and services;
- the operation and administration of accounts that you have with us;
- payment processing;
- interacting with companies or organisations with whom Eadie Lifestyle has a business relationship; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with.
Documents (including hard copy documents and electronic documents such as emails) which coincidentally contain personal information will also be retained in accordance with Eadie Lifestyle's normal document retention practices for accounting, legal and business purposes.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so where we require this information, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want.
What personal information does Eadie Lifestyle collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your date of birth;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- payment information;
- transaction information;
- your user name and password;
- information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) and, in some specific cases, copies of such identification documents, where we require these to verify your identity;
- information on how you use our products and services;
- your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites;
- your user name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our goods and services; and
- personal preferences regarding products and services.
How does Eadie Lifestyle collect and hold your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways including:
- when you order goods or services from us (including online or over the telephone);
- when you set up an account with us;
- when you pay for goods by cheque;
- when you subscribe to our mailing lists;
- when you enter competitions or promotions that we run;
- when you provide us your details for customer care purposes;
- when you browse one of our websites;
- when you submit an enquiry using one of our websites;
- when you complete surveys or provide online feedback or product reviews; and
- when you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products).
Eadie Lifestyle holds personal information in a number of ways, including:
- as part of customer records and other electronic documents on which personal information is contained which are stored on our information technology systems and servers operated by third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business; and
- by securely storing hard copy documents on which personal information is contained, at our various premises and using third party document management and archiving services.
When you create an account with us your details will be added to our marketing database to receive information relating to Eadie Lifestyle and our products. You may also choose to receive such information by subscribing to our marketing database via one of our websites.
To opt-out of receiving Eadie Lifestyle marketing materials, you will need to unsubscribe from our marketing database. To do this, simply select the "unsubscribe" option in one of the emails that you receive from us. Please note that if you have an account with Eadie Lifestyle, we may still need to send you essential information about your account.
Sharing your personal information
Eadie Lifestyle may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to / from:
- organisations that provide services to us in connection with our business;
- if you return goods to Eadie Lifestyle, to the manufacturer of the goods; and
- to other third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of information to these third parties.
How to access, correct and update your personal information
Upon your request, Eadie Lifestyle will provide access to your personal information that we hold (except in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)). Eadie Lifestyle reserves the right to charge you an administration fee of $25 for providing access to your personal information and will, of course, require some proof of your identify before providing information to you.
If you visit www.eadielifestyle.us or any other TEC Trading websites (Websites) to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit to the Website, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used (i) for statistical and reporting purposes; (ii) for website administration, security and maintenance purposes; and (iii) to direct you to material on our Websites that we believe will be of interest to you.
Like many websites, our Website may use "cookies" from time to time. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and your log-in status. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. Any such information will be aggregated and not linked to particular individuals. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer usually allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
While we take care to protect your personal information on our Website and use data transmission encryption, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we use our best efforts to ensure its security in our possession.
The Websites may contain links/ plug-ins to other sites. We are not responsible for content of, or the privacy practices or policies of, those sites.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
To opt-out click the link to networkadvertising.org/choices
If you have any queries or concerns, further information can be obtained or a complaint made by contacting our Privacy Officer by email email@example.com or by post to 43 Annie Street, Wickham NSW 2293.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Information about how to make a complaint is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website (www.oaic.gov.au).